You are a Technical Support Engineer involved in resolving complex customer support issues while delivering amazing customer support experiences to highly technical customers. You are committed to improving processes and solving problems with the ability to read and write code. You thrive at working in a fast paced environment. If you’re tenacious, good humored, inquisitive, diplomatic and helpful, you’ll succeed in this role.
- Provide world-class support by taking ownership for customer issues from initial contact to resolution including troubleshooting the issue, determining root cause and ensuring that the customer understands the resolution
- Partner with the Engineering and Development teams to resolve customer issues and assist customers during the implementation of our products and services which includes reading, analyzing and writing code.
- Write documentation, knowledge base articles, and tutorials to improve the customer experience of Urban Airship products and services
- Participate in the QA process of current and new products/services
- Contribute to the development of our support policies and procedures
- Do whatever it takes to provide outstanding support
- Be willing to do occasional on-call which may require a weekend shift
Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 2 years in a Technical Support role
- Must be able to fluently read and write code (especially Python, Java, and/or Objective-C)
- Working knowledge of Linux and Mac OS X and the command line
- Comfortable with mobile platforms like iOS and Android
- Able to quickly build trusting relationships with customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers
- Ability to work in a team environment while working independently
Urban Airship is trusted by thousands of businesses looking to grow with mobile. Every day, marketers and developers depend on Urban Airship to deliver more than one billion mobile moments that inspire interest and drive action. Urban Airship’s mobile growth platform is used by many of the world’s most admired companies, including Adidas, Alaska Airlines, The Home Depot, NBC Universal, Sky Media, and Zillow.