We're looking for a great Sr. Software Engineer to join our Identity and Access Services team and help us transform the internal service architecture at the very heart of Twilio.
About the job:
In this role, you will work on our foundational building blocks, implementing the vision of self-service SOA infrastructure within a company experiencing exponential growth and rapid-fire product rollouts. You will develop a suite of scalable, resilient and very secure services underlying all of our products. You will be implementing globally available, resilient and highly performant services used by millions of people every day. You will make key technical decisions and design choices, as well as writing amazing code, and you’ll provide advice and support to more junior engineers.
We expect and encourage you to learn, grow and take on ever more ambitious challenges as the company and team scales. This role is as technically demanding as it gets; if you’re interested in tackling a real challenge, this is *the* job.
- Join a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team.
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that supporting fundamental capabilities within Twilio’s products.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing high availability services in a distributed cloud environment that needs to scale exponentially.
- Help evaluate and choose emerging technologies…new service protocols and architectures, self-healing capabilities, globally distributed caching, performance and code quality tooling, etc. Determine the right tool for the right task.
- Write high quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced startup environment with tight schedules.
The Identity team believes in versatility and complementing proficiencies being key to forming the best team. We are looking for senior-level talent with a variety of skills and specializations. You should have at least 3 of the proficiencies below to be considered for the role:
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Sound understanding of CI/CD build and deployment toolchains.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.