TripleLift is seeking an experienced senior data engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a senior data engineer, you will be responsible for leading our data team which is tasked with building and improving our data pipeline and reporting infrastructure. This team supports a variety of applications – a batch data pipeline in Spark, a streaming data pipeline using VoltDB, and the corresponding set of data driven APIs and front end components.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The data engineering team primarily uses the following technologies:
- Apache Spark & Scala for our batch data processing framework
- Java & VoltDB for our sub second real-time data pipeline
- PHP7 & Symfony to power our reporting API’s
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus
- Redshift & Druid as our main data stores
- Amazon Web Services, Docker, Mesos, & Marathon to power our services
- Building a real time data pipeline to process tens of thousands of events a second with latency measured in milliseconds
- Rebuild our Spark data pipeline to make it more extensible, maintainable, and scalable
- Take our monolithic API system and split it out reporting into a microservice based system built from scratch to power all our reporting, scheduling, and alerting needs.
- Experience in either of the following:
- Large scale distributed data processing & pipelining
- Building out Asynchronous API’s and services
- Experience with an RDBMS such as PGSQL or MySQL
- Experience with an object oriented language such as Java or PHP
- Experience with a functional based language such as Scala
- Experience with a distributed data processing framework such as Spark
- Experience building out RESTful APIs
- Experience with distributed data bases such as Druid or VoltDB
- Basic frontend knowledge and competencies
- Familiarity with Lambda architecture
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related discipline is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
At least 5 years of working in a professional, collaborative environment .
New York, NY
Engineering at TripleLift
The formal engineering department is filled with dedicated, smart, and hardworking individuals who take a great deal of pride in their work. Some of the reasons we all enjoy working here:
- You get ownership and accountability for projects and have a voice in how the work happens
- Part of a small team that oversees a critical and high volume application
- An emphasis on collaboration and learning over pure short-term output
- Innovation is baked into how we operate; we love new ideas and always willing to change
- Dedicated time set aside each week to pair with others to learn or experiment
- Team social events such as cooking classes, D&D, and gaming nights
TripleLift makes native advertising simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's website. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world's biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advertising.
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies (Inc. 2017, #163)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA non-exempt role.