Senior Engineering role within a high-growth division of TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site. This is an exciting opportunity for a Java guru with web development skills to join our engineering team in Sydney, Australia. The role offers the ability to drive the development of leading edge social, user generated content and e-commerce functionality. The TripAdvisor Attractions team consists of world-class experts in SEO, usability, marketing, and of course, technology. Bring your skills and enthusiasm to this collaborative team.
We are looking for a Senior Java developer to work on projects for our e-Commerce websites and multiple backend systems. The role includes working in our agile development teams using the latest technologies to deliver solutions in a fast paced and complex environment. Developers in the TripAdvisor Attractions team are cross-functional and get to work on complete vertical slices of functionality from the front end all the way to the database. If you are looking to be challenged technically and have fun, this is the place for you!
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Passion for software engineering and technology
- Desire to learn about new platforms, technologies and marketing technology approaches
- A love of travel is not required, but hey - why not?
- At least 8 years experience in a Java software development role
- Understanding of what is required to build efficient, scalable, decoupled, testable and maintainable code.
- Solid experience in back-end technologies like Spring, Hibernate, SQL and relational databases (MySQL, PSQL)
- Detailed knowledge of web application architecture and infrastructure
- 5+ years development experience JSP
- Previous experience building and maintaining RESTful web services
- Ability to work in a complex development environment and handle dependencies across multiple teams and branches
- Comfortable targeting a Linux server environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development techniques
- Some prior experience investigating memory or performance issues in enterprise applications
Nice to Have
- Familiar with React, Redux and RxJS
- Development experience using frameworks such as Spring MVC, Jersey and Hibernate
- Exposure to Feign, Eureka and Ribbon
- Knowledge of Tomcat and Docker
- Travel industry experience
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Familiar with JMS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering