Extraordinary opportunity to join a company that builds products that are making a real difference and connects all employees, including technical writers, to the voice of the customer. Tanium technical writers work closely with the product development team in an Agile environment to develop technical documentation to accompany our platform and products. Technical writers are responsible for developing consumable, accurate, and timely documentation from which Tanium’s prospects and customers derive real value. Tanium technical writers should possess the technical aptitude needed to keep up with Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and engineers to understand our customer’s environments and the value that Tanium products provide.
Willing to consider remote locations for the right candidate.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and write security software installation, user, and admin guides as well as other documentation
- Collaborate with user experience team on design of product user guide web site
- Participate in development of and recommendations for documentation style standards, information architecture, tools, and best practices
We’re looking for someone with:
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications, English, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 5 + years experience in software documentation
- Writing for a system administrator audience
- Experience documenting for both Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with XML, HTML, topic based/structured authoring, and single-sourcing; knowledge of DITA
- Self-starter with ability to learn software applications with little direction
- Experience with Madcap Flare a plus
- Experience with IT security software/products a plus
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.