Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
As a member of the customer support team and reporting to the Sr Director of Customer Support, the Support Engineer will be responsible for teaming with his/her support counterparts and be a key point of customer contact from a technical support perspective, working to ensure our customers are successful with their deployments and receive exemplary customer service.
- Act as an integral member of the support team, taking responsibility for solving incidents from a technical perspective. Play a key role in formulation of FAQ’s and execution process and procedures.
- Conduct technical trouble shooting sessions with customers.
- Help deliver customer installs.
- Help with development of internal and customer facing documentation.
- Help triage and document bugs and enhancements requests as seen in the field.
- 3-5 years of experience as technical support level 1 – level 2 resource for an enterprise in a similar or related technology.
- Knowledge of cloud / container computing and technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and other tools like Cassandra, Elastic Search etc.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills.
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities.
- Understanding of PaaS concepts
- Understanding Application Monitoring
- Previous experience working with cloud providers and virtualization
- Experience with any of the Scripting languages (Shell, Bash, Perl, Python etc)
- Experience in using or integrating with Systems Management Technology
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software and application orchestration software.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).