Symphony is growing! We are building out our Cloud Security Operations team and are seeking to add a senior, hands-on Security Operations (SecOps) engineer. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in DevOps and Security to help build out the next-generation environment including but not limited to system and operational hardening, network topology analysis, intruder detection, security protocol definition and implementation in a multi-cloud, multi-region environment.
The goal of the team is to establish and maintain highly secure access and control patterns for all our cloud assets while maintaining a low friction build and deploy environment.
This role is very hands-on and will include the following responsibilities:
- Analyze cloud asset build, deploy, and run spaces for vulnerabilities
- Work with other team members to define and implement strategic and tactical solutions using Python, Salt and other standard DevOps tools
- Own the full build, automate, deploy and run lifecycle of specific cloud based security solutions such as TripWire, FoxPass, Vault or others
- Implement secure solutions, where appropriate, using cloud provided managed services
- Define and populate Security KPIs that assess the quality of the deployed solutions against an agreed to target state
- Strong domain expertise in cloud security, processing, and tools (AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Strong domain knowledge of cloud based services including but not limited to load balancing, reverse proxies, DNS, CDN’s, firewalls, and disk encryption (Luks, AWS, GCP)
- Strong domain knowledge of encryption protocols and techniques (SSL/TSL, Symmetric/Asymmetric encryption, Certificates/CAs)
- Strong domain knowledge of cloud Authentication (SSO, OAuth,...), encryption at rest strategies, and standard attack vectors (DDOS, Man-in-the-Middle,...)
- Practical experience installing and using security assessment technologies (e.g. Tripwire, CloudMonkey, Nessus, etc.)
- Strong scripting capabilities - Python, bash and related languages like Go
- Strong experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Chef)
- Deep experience working with Linux platforms
- Preferred experience with containers (Docker) and related security issues (e.g. network access and security issues associated with dynamic state injection)
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Cloud: AWS, Google
- Application layer: Java Script/Angular on the front end; Java/Tomcat, hbase, Mongodb, Solr, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Hazelcast, Zookeeper on the back end.
- OS: Linux
- Configuration Management: Salt
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Note: If considered for a position you will be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case will be considered on its own merits. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances, the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for, and any pattern of offenses may, however, be considered.