Maybe you’ve supported a friend or family member who’s dealing with cancer. Maybe you’ve battled it yourself. At Syapse, our mission is to enable healthcare providers to deliver the best care to every cancer patient through precision medicine, and our personal connections to this mission are what unite us.
We integrate genomics and clinical data on a single platform and allow doctors to share important treatment and outcomes information across a national network. Our customers manage more than 1 million active cancer cases at hundreds of hospitals across the US and Asia. Now, we’re racing to meet growing demand and bring precision cancer care to every patient, regardless of location or income.
About the Cloud Operations Team
The "Cloud Operations" organization at Syapse is responsible for the Cloud platform that enables healthcare providers to bring precision medicine to every cancer patient today.
This organization is responsible for the platform reliability, Information security, customer support, innovating user experience leveraging Cloud technologies and improving product delivery excellence.
We’re now in the process of scaling our platform and expanding access to precision cancer care. Because most cloud technologies aren’t HIPAA-compliant, we often build from the ground up. Our autonomous, feature-focused scrum teams work in two-week sprints and own projects end to end, while our domain-based guilds encourage collaboration across teams.
As Syapse continues to grow, we’ll expand our use of Containers, micro-services, CI/CD tools, automation frameworks, Cloud capabilities on data visualization and data metrics tools to expand the scalability features of our platform. And we’ll do that while prioritizing collaboration, ownership, and career progression. Our belief is the focus on building a reliable high performing Precision Oncology platform will help doctors deliver the best cancer care.
About the role
You will join our Service Reliability Engineering( SRE) Team in developing Syapse platform based on micro services architecture and efficient and clear data models. The SRE Team is 7 member team which includes 5 Service reliability Engineers and 2 Database Administrators(DBA’s), so you will be working very closely with other SRE members and DBA’s and will report to Director of SRE.
We primarily Build Syapse platform On public cloud(AWS) .We use most of AWS Compute and storage services along with PostgreSQL RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redis, Elastic Search, Kinesis. Fully automated Infrastructure provisioning with Terraform and Application provisioning with Salt Stack. Jenkins and Circle CI for CI/CD workflows. Platform is fully built on Python, Django, celery and Rabbitmq along with lot more opensource frameworks.We are moving into micro services architecture using docker and kubernetes.
A breakdown of the average day for this role:
- Responsible for infrastructure provisioning in aws cloud environment.
- Responsible for end to end deployment and implementation of application on public cloud in various regions.
- Configuration of service monitoring, application performance monitoring and application logging for cloud hosted environments.
- Automate microservice deployment and day to day tasks using shell script and configuration management tools chef.
- Participate/work on disaster recovery (DR) plan, performance testing.
- Actively participate in identifying and resolving complex application and database issues, helping to identify issues in a 24x7 Saas production environment.
- Perform database administration tasks such as database installation, replication, database backup, restore and database maintenance.
- Write automation scripts for customer dataload jobs and scheduling of jobs.
- Involved in day to day operations activities on Saas cloud environments.
- Perform application and database upgrades for hosted cloud environments for various release cycles.
- Participate in Application and database patching for bug fixes and customization requests.
- Monitor the cloud hosted services using different monitoring tools.
- Provide trainings and maintain documentation for internal resources.
Our team prides itself on these best practices:
- Automate Everything.
- Not just meet SLA beat SLA’s.
- Customer First mindset.
- Proactive than reactive
What you bring to the table
- At least four (4) years experience in which you were on a team deploying a cloud based application. The fundamental practices of a well-run environment need to be old hat to you.
- Strong scripting skills in Python (preferred), or other scripting languages (Bash, Perl, etc.).Rock solid Linux skills.
- Extensive hands-on expertise with cloud platform such as Google Compute, Azure or AWS (preferred) is a must.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt (preferred) is a must.
- Experience with cloud orchestration tooling such as CloudFormation and Terraform (preferred)
- Experience with the tools and techniques of security assurance.
- Understanding of web application performance tuning (all layers) and high availability architectures.
- Basic DBA skills (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL). Exposure to administering NoSQL systems is a plus.Build automation experience is a plus.
- Strong experience in Infrastructure Monitoring, Application Performance Monitoring using tools(Appdynamics or Newrelic).
- Log aggregation experience using Splunk/Sumologic/Logstash/Elasticsearch
- Understanding of micro services architecture/Containers using Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with in memory cache solutions like Memcache, Redis is good to have.
- Message Queueing experience with RabbitMQ, Amazon SQS is good to have.
- Team player and Own it mindset.
- Automation using shell scripting and configuration management tools like chef, ansible.
- Application performance monitoring tools like New relic, Appdynamics
- Log management and metrics monitoring tools like Sumologic, logstash,Splunk
Bonus points if you
- Have Amazon Aurora, Redshift experience
- Familiarity with Tableau
- Docker, Kubernetes and Micro services experience
Benefits and perks
Competitive pay and ownership in the company
100% company paid medical, dental and vision for employees
Flexible time off
Transit assistance , CalTrain GoPass, & Pre-tax commuter benefits.
Weekly catered lunches and office snacks
Company sponsored gym membership
After submitting an application a team member will reach out to you shortly. While each interview is unique to the role, our interview process typically consists of an introductory phone conversation with a recruiter, a second phone or video interview with a hiring manager or senior team member, and wraps up with a visit our to our office, usually lasting +/- 4 hours.
Have a quick question about the role? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply here.