SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Senior Java Engineer to join its growing Retail Applications team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting
WHAT DO WE NEED?
Are you interested in helping customers discover and add healthy foods to their lives and help retailers and brands understand and reach those customers? SPINS is looking for an experienced Senior Java Engineer to architect and design features for our next-generation of products. We are building exciting new experiences and driving new customer interactions with our growing retail platform and want to find someone as passionate about creating incredible products as we are.
We are looking for a high-performance Senior Java Engineer to help us deliver quality products with great efficiency. We need you to be self-driven and solve problems with a long-term focus using innovative technical solutions. You will need to be able to work closely with other team members as well as offer technical leadership to the team as it relates to creating a service-oriented architecture and highly available set of services to our end customers. You should have an in-depth knowledge of SOA design, development, and have a solid understanding of computer science principles.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Creating and designing services which enables millions of customers to discover and add healthy foods to their lives, including at the point of sale in retail Working directly with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and others to ensure we are building solutions which solve customer problems with features which are differentiating and delightful
- Ensuring architecture supports the reliability, performance and scalability necessary for success
- Helping deliver A/B test scenarios for functionality delivered to end customers
- Building automated tests using existing tools and frameworks to expose defects in product code
- Ability to understand products requirements and develop the right strategy for automation focus for the best coverage and reliability for the time invested
- Creating new tools which could improve the process by which our teams operate at every opportunity
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 6 years development experience development experience using web technologies
- Relentless desire to learn and improve
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented principles
- Strong software design skills
- An understanding of the importance of producing readable code
- Knowledge about basic algorithms and data structures
- In-depth experience of writing unit-, acceptance- and performance tests
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience with running highly available service serving thousands of requests
- Familiarity with HTTP, the REST-principles, and TCP/IP networking
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud, AWS) is a plus
- Experience working with large data sets and NoSQL data stores
- Frontend development experience (AngularJS) is a plus
- Ideal experience includes: Java 8, Google Cloud (especially BigQuery and Dataflow), MySQL, Spring Boot, Hibernate and Git.