ABOUT THIS ROLE
SocialCode combines audience data, insights, creative and measurement to drive superior performance for leading brands.
Do you want to be an industry leader? Good. We've been one since there's been an industry. Do you want to become an expert in a complex discipline? Good. At SocialCode, you will. You'll work with smart, driven, fun people. You'll learn every day, be pushed everyday, and succeed everyday.
We pay competitively. We provide an environment for you to thrive in and enjoy. We value and promote those who perform.
This is the SocialCode Contract: We'll make you a social-marketing savant and you'll drive our growth across the social, mobile, digital marketing universe.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test at SocialCode, you are an experienced engineer who specializes in whitebox test development of our platform, APIs, and applications. You will be responsible for measuring and reporting on the quality of your team’s code, including: establishing quality criteria for your team; drafting test plans; implementing and executing automated sniff, integration, regression, and other tests; driving bug triaging; reducing test cases; working with engineering to reproduce and debug software problems. You will work alongside product engineers in a fast-paced, agile environment to implement your tests and measure and report key metrics to your team.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE AN IMPACT
- Work with your team to define quality criteria *before* we write code.
- Keep us honest. Measure and report -- honestly -- on the state of our product.
- Test Cloud based web application frontend, backend, mobile, rest api
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative tests/evaluations of products, processes, equipment, and systems to support company validation requirements
- Prepare and create test plans, test cases for software based on functional documentation and application - incorporate into a BDD process
- Execute test cases, find and document any and all problems, bugs, or other issues (into a bug database) that affect the software product
- Ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established company standards; guidelines; specifications and customer requirements by implementing, overseeing, and maintaining formal/structured test programs, policies, processes, procedures, and controls
- Develop means to automate testing via test scripts or test tools (selenium, junit, jmeter, BDD serenity, cucumber)
- Develop test data, perform test data analysis, and prepare reports of test results
- Develop new testing techniques/methods; provide process improvement recommendations
- Conduct problem reviews and maintain non-conformance metrics
- Insure that each project is finished as schedule
- Partner with cross functional teams to define requirements, explain defects, and drive quality improvement process within the engineering organization.
- Contribute to defining testing standards for the entire company.
- Collaborate with product management, scrum masters and technical leads in Provide input to product and engineering to ensure testability and ease of test automation.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software QA with in-depth knowledge of test methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Advanced, demonstrated knowledge of software testing methodologies and concepts, such as bug triage and prioritization, edge case identification, test planning, and test automation.
- Highly proficient with test automation tools, executing test methodologies for complex online applications/services in service oriented architecture.
- Experience working in matrix organization with complex release methodologies.
- Experience working in an agile environment, startup experience preferred.
- Proficient in analyzing test results and isolating/debugging complex issues.
- Strong programming skills in Java or Python.
- Deep understanding of SQL is a huge plus.
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git or Subversion.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud Services environment is a big plus.
- Exposure to automation testing using tools like Selenium is very much desirable.
- Linux – strong general UNIX/Linux understanding required.
- Good organizational skills and strong detail-orientation.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonus eligibility
- Full benefits
- 401(k) & pension
- Long-term incentive program
- Continuing education dollars
- Sabbatical program
- Casual dress
- Rapid learning and growth opportunities
- In-office snack surplus