Smartling is looking for a creative and passionate Senior Front End Engineer to work on our suite of cutting-edge, highly interactive, service driven backend applications. Candidates should be as excited as we are about learning, discussing and using the latest techniques in web development to create highly scalable, performant services used by thousands of people every day.
You will be joining an existing team building and maintaining a cutting-edge translation management application which allows our clients and professional translators to manage the localization process for their websites and documents in an agile fashion. Our rapidly growing client list includes top names from the technology and Fortune 500 worlds.
Our Engineering team approach
- TDD - Test Driven Development.
- Continuous Deployment - multiple times daily.
- SOA - Service Oriented Architecture and APIs.
- Full test automation - we have no QA team.
- DevOps is not a team, it is a culture.
Tasks at hand
- Develop new single page applications using React + Redux, Node.js, and ES2017.
- Develop components within a highly scalable component architecture.
- Peer code reviews.
- Design and implement functional tests.
- Collaborate with product and backend service teams.
- Strong knowledge of React + Redux.
- Software Design knowledge: Microservices, Design Patterns, Functional Programming.
- SPA Design (Single Page Application) .
- Webpack (or Rollup) and transpiling Babel.
- Experience with Node (Express, Koa) and NPM (especially server).
- CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, CSS Next).
Nice To Have
- Open Source projects.
- Isomorphic applications.
- Experience with AWS and infrastructure.
- GraphQL, WebSockets (beyond REST).
- Monorepos (Lerna).
- Creative /Innovative. Demonstrate inventiveness and the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments.
- Autonomous /Self-started. Work well and achieve results with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solver. Provide workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Adaptable. Maintain focus and positive attitude amidst change or under pressure.
- Prompt. Consistently punctual and dependable.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.