We are seeking a .NET Engineer. Our C# engineers are passionate about building scalable, RESTful APIs. Tuning application performance, optimizing database queries, and application architecture strategies are just a few of the things they do on a weekly basis. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
About The Team
At Skookum, you will join a focused, cross-functional project team to build truly innovative products for our varied client base. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn a variety of different technologies, depending on what is best for the job. At present, we have Ruby on Rails, node.js, .NET, React, Angular, C and Go in production. You will work closely with non-engineering team members, such as Product Strategists, Project Managers, and QA Analysts.
You are always learning. You are always growing. You are always seeking to improve yourself and those around you. You are a human first, a developer second. You are willing and able to take a leading role in communications with project stakeholders. You can explain technical constraints to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- 3+ years of experience working on large development projects
- Have built and launched RESTful .NET Web APIs
- Have experience with ORMs, dependency injection and unit testing frameworks
- Can own the whole process (project start to deployment and devops)
- Could educate a developer on when to use an ORM versus writing SQL
- Love the journey as much as the destination
We never do the same thing twice. We build business critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow. We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously.
We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Open PTO policy
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Friday company lunches, beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If this sounds like a place you’d like to be, send us your resume with a cover letter. Let us know why you’d be a good fit. If you already exist online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, or other platform let us know that, too.