We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
We’re a tech department that’s changing how employees use technology and think about tech support. Our mission is to help Simple employee’s feel confident with their technology and ensuring business continuity and progressive infrastructure.
The IT Support team is a small, close-knit team who love what we do! We are a 100% local (living in Portland) team who love finding solutions, learning new things, and re-inventing the help desk.
We pride ourselves on being effective, collaborative, resilient, responsive, and adaptive. We have bi-weekly update huddles, scheduled IT Sync meetings, and focus on delivering the right solutions to the right problems. We believe work is just part of your life, not all of it, and value the 40hr Monday-Friday week as a constraint that sustains quality work.
We value quality, consideration, kindness, humor, self-improvement, persistence and a healthy dialectic.
You value open, active collaboration and work well with others, from helping teammates who need it to asking for the help you need in return. You’re excited to pick up new skills, techniques, and technologies, and love to share what you’ve learned. You enjoy working closely with people across the organization, from your direct teammates to members of business operations, engineering, and customer relations. You empathize with our internal customers’ needs and understand how the right tools help our employees become more successful. You want to be a part of building something beautiful and meaningful, even if user interface isn’t your specialty.
What You’ll Do All Day:
As Simple’s IT Support Engineer, you’ll ensure that Simple employees are welcomed with a smile and a timely solution for their technology needs. In addition, you'll attend team meetings and be expected to bring new ideas to the table for improving our internal support and processes. You'll work closely with the IT Infrastructure team, Executive Assistants, IT Liaisons, and Security team in addition to supporting end users company-wide (local within a campus and remote). You’ll also be a part of the on-call rotation for after-hours incidents.
You’ll do this through:
- Participating in IT support rotation hours to provide in person, chat, and ticket support for internal customers’ technical needs
- Continuing to grow and develop within the role by attending conferences and meet-ups, participating in continued education, and networking with others in the community
- Documenting work, system configurations, change management, and operating procedures
- Providing preliminary troubleshooting and support of potential infrastructure-related issues, providing filter and support before escalating to the IT Infrastructure team
We’d Like To See:
- Must have mindset for support excellence: A passion for working with and for people, approachability, clear communication at the technical level of the listener, and proactive engagement
- Sense of humor, team player attitude and the ability to interact with a wide variety of personalities
- Willing to work during the dedicated IT support rotation shifts
- Comfortable working within a mainly Mac shop with a few Linux machines
- Experience with Zoom (or similar video conferencing platform)
- Understanding of G-Suite (formerly Google Apps), Slack, GitHub, Jamf Pro (formerly Casper) and a variety of others. We don't require experience in our exact stack, but experience with the technologies we use is a plus
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work
- Based in Portland, Oregon-- a beautiful place to live and work.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life--both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.