Our engineers build systems that catch bad guys. Using all available payment, user, and machine data, we have to separate legitimate credit card transactions from fraudulent in under 400ms. That means doing just-in-time mash-ups of internal data with external APIs and reducing it all into a single score with a few critical insights for end-users.
To solve this problem, we're looking for world-class engineers who are eager to learn, adopt, and contribute to a reactive style of programming.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a development position that requires experience writing test automation code to ensure product quality. As a SDET, you will work with developers and product managers to define and create test plans, create test frameworks, write automated test cases to ensure high quality in an agile, fast paced cloud-based development environment. As part of the engineering team, you will enable automated delivery of software using Continuous Delivery. In addition, you will work on defining, creating and verifying performance and load test for our products. This role will work with teams to ensure quality delivery for a) cloud based web application; b) high performance transaction processing systems; c) data processing, ETL, and model training pipelines.
- Enforce and expedite quality process by proposing and creating automated testing processes.
- Develop automated test frameworks, testing tools, and simulators to meet functional, performance, scalability and other quality requirements.
- Design and implement functional test plans and test cases, based on system understanding and analysis of functional specifications.
- Identify test data requirements and generate required test data.
- Execute test cases, identify and communicate defects and risks
- Report test progress and quality status to project stakeholders.
- Configure test environments as necessary to support test efforts.
- Participate in day to day code reviews and agile development cycles.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience developing or testing distributed, multi-tiered, fault-tolerant commercial cloud applications.
- Experience with CI, preferably TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, TestNG, HtmlUnit, and JMeter.
- Understanding of SQL.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in software development and software quality assurance.