Shutterstock is looking for an experienced data scientist to join our world-class search team! The search team’s mission is to push the boundaries of multimedia search, enabling customers to find content faster and easier. You will be working on developing new discovery paths and improving our core search technology. Along the way you will be collaborating with an extremely talented and passionate team of researchers, data scientists and engineers and will help ensure the successful launch of innovative new customer-facing features.
- As a search data scientist, you will be responsible for helping build innovative search discovery paths.
- You are excited about taking on ownership of important projects as well as working closely with the rest of the team to ensure successful completion of work.
- You enjoy creatively leveraging 10+ years of behavioral data with state of the art techniques to provide a better experience for customers.
- You will work with engineers, data scientists and researchers to drive ideas from the rapid prototyping phase all the way through to serving live traffic at scale.
- Passionate about search and discovery
- Interested in helping your teammates grow, and continually expanding the team’s tech knowledge
- Interest in staying up to date with relevant research and industry development
- 2 years of industry or educational experience in learn to rank or artificial intelligence
- 3+ years industry experience
- Fluent in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python (preferred), Java, or C++
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience (Ph.D. a plus)
- Information retrieval, search engine design, query tuning, search evaluation
- Deep learning
- Natural language processing, recommendation systems, classification, pattern recognition
- AWS, Docker, or Kubernetes experience
- Open source experience
- Strong engineering discipline and ability to write clean code
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 180 million images and more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V