At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Who we are:
Our customers range from startups, SMBs and large Enterprises. Our Strategic Account Team is responsible for tackling the unique challenges of some of our Enterprise customers. Enterprise companies are an exciting growth opportunity for Segment, and we decided to have a team focused on solving their unique challenges. Our mission is to make it just as easy for a large company to use Segment as for a small one.
What we do:
The Strategic Accounts team itself is not a traditional product team, but a customer facing team that delivers solutions tailored towards Enterprise customers. We prototype proof of concepts, deliver skunk work projects, and other solutions that are not yet on a product roadmap, but has high impact for these customers.
As an Engineer on the Strategic Accounts team, you are encouraged to participate in the full project lifecycle from delivery to acceptance as described below:
- Discovery. Working directly with customers and segment’s business and engineering teams to understand and synthesize a business problem really well and guide our customers to the right solution.
- Requirements. Writing and reviewing PRDs, SDDs, and other documentation to crystalize the problem, solution and execution plan.
- Acceptance. Ensuring the customer has achieved ROI from the deliverable by taking end-to-end ownership of projects.
Who we are looking for:
- You can turn complex business requirements into working software that our customers love to use.
- You can work closely with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are customer focused - when committing to anything, you see it all the way through for the customer.
- You have experience running apps in production and take software engineering practices seriously. You write meaningful tests and understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring and error tracking.
Projects we're working on:
- We are collaborating closely with a Fortune 500 company to develop a solution that will allow them to roll out any new web based tools to their web properties without any coding required.
- We are working on solutions to deliver video analytic tracking that originate from web, mobile, and devices such as Roku for large content company.
- We are automating our staging environment to help us deploy more confidently and pave the way for always-on end to end tests.
- You have a strong Software Engineering generalist background and are comfortable working up and down the stack depending on the problem.
- You have a demonstrated ability for planning and delivering complex projects using the SDLC model.
- You are strongly biased towards writing the “what”, and the “how” before writing any code, but know when it’s appropriate to develop a proof of concept.
- You have an interest in leveling up your team, and more junior teammates through code and architectural reviews, and other mentoring activities.
- You are willing to travel periodically as needed to meet with our strategic customers.
- You have had previous experience working in a customer facing technical role.
- You are familiar with Segment, and the MarTech ecosystem
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.