At Security Compass we work hard to help developers write secure code. Our product, SD Elements, is the world’s premier security requirements tool. We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. You will have the chance to create a positive impact on the security of systems that affect us all every single day – health, financial, infrastructure, and more.
SD Elements is looking to recruit a technical individual with strong communication and organizational skills for a technical support role. This technical support role is uniquely different as it deals with mostly higher tier support challenges and the role has potential to advance into DevOps and/or Development roles.
The support requests are often technically challenging and require a significant amount of problem solving skills. If you enjoy scavenger hunts, puzzles, and brainteasers, this is a good fit for you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the support process, the open cases queue, and all of the related activities
- Respond to incoming technical support questions via Email / Zendesk
- Keep track of support requests and engage various resources from engineering teams as needed
- Troubleshoot normal (Tier 1 and Tier 2) support cases and gather the preliminary data needed for troubleshooting Tier 3 support cases
- Maintain documentation and the self-help portal
- Basic management of the SaaS servers, including coordinating releases and sending updates to customers
- Setup and coordinate troubleshooting calls (WebEx) with clients and walk them through the processes
Note: This position has the potential to advance to DevOps, Sales Engineer (post-sales) or Development roles.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of IT environment and basics of IT Security
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Capability to understand complex software and scripts and the mechanisms behind them
- Basic knowledge of Linux system administration and Linux command line
- Strong written communication skills
- Capable of writing technical documents
- Basic scripting knowledge (Bash, Python, and/or Ruby)
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided to all applicants. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.