Samba TV, recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the US and one of the "most interesting ad-tech upstarts of the year" by Business Insider. Samba TV is uniquely positioned at the forefront of the TV revolution. The way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed, and we're connecting the dots to help better understand audience trends and viewership habits.
Samba TV is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to join our Embedded Engineering team. As a Senior Software Engineer you will work directly with our OEM partners to enable video processing algorithms that identify content on the household silver screen in real time. Our algorithms detect live TV programs, movies, streamed videos, commercials, and games. The technology this team is responsible for enables recommendation systems, synchronization of ads across screens, and content-specific interactions.
- Implement the client-side of video processing algorithms.
- Analyze and improve the performance and robustness of the video processing client to make use of the limited resources available in high-volume, low-end TV and STB chipsets.
- Integrate with video pipelines in TV/STB chipsets.
- Communicate with engineering counterparts among chipset manufacturers to help debug platform and programming interface issues.
- Create automated testing and validation suites for both our software and platform integrations.
- Excellent knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++.
- Experience using embedded tool chains.
- Experience with tools like profile and valgrind.
- Experience building systems running on linux.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
Nice to Have
- Some prior experience in video or image processing.
- Experience with any of the following: Poco, Boost, and STL.