Samba TV, recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fast-growing companies in the US and one of the "most interesting ad-tech upstarts of the year" by Business Insider, is seeking to hire a software engineer to join our Content Identification department.
Samba TV is uniquely positioned at the forefront of the TV revolution. The way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed, and we're connecting the dots to help better understand audience trends and viewership habits for marketers.
Senior Software Engineer - Content Identification
We are seeking Engineers to join the core team in charge of building our large-scale content-identification system supporting millions of IoT devices. This system uses digital fingerprints to perform real-time matching of content played on TV, against a large catalog of live and pre-ingested content. Title will be commensurate with ability.
Core functions will include designing and developing new features and capabilities, expanding the footprint of content acquisition, and optimizing for increased efficiency to support scaling of the system. Your efforts will be deployed across millions of devices across the world! We currently have millions of units in the field and large deployments in the pipeline. We are expecting to multiple factor growth in the coming 1-2 years and improving our reliability and scalability will have a direct impact on the bottom line of the organization.
- At least 5 years of professional experience building highly scalable, fault-tolerant software (SaaS, IoT or other externally facing services)
- Proficient knowledge of Linux
- Solid command of version control systems
- Ability to understand and design large, complex systems
- Understanding of how to manage large flows of data.
- Innovative thinking, creative solutions to new issues.
- Ability to think fast, move fast. Desire to learn.
- Team player, but capable of independent work.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to share on-call rotation with team members
- BS+ or demonstrated field experience in computer science / engineering
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in a DevOps environment
- Significant experience working in Python
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum team or Scrum Master/Product Owner experience
- Experience working with video – transport streams, video capture, video processing, transcoding, frame analysis
- Experience with FFMPEG
- Experience building test suites
- C++ / MongoDB / Memcached / Redis / Git / Nagios
- Experience with Content Identification / ACR