The C++ team at Ripple maintains and improves rippled: an open source, cross-platform network application that implements the Ripple Protocol and manages the Ripple Consensus Ledger. In the production environment this software handles millions of dollars worth of assets a day, and growing. We keep things running smoothly by emphasizing clean, well documented code that is amply covered by tests and a rigorous peer-review process that is both thorough and public. We are using modern C++ and techniques, and our team members are very active in the broader C++ community.
What Might Describe You:
- Possess a proven track record of C++ code deliverables.
- A C++ language enthusiast who has a passion for developing and solving complex issues.
- Self-starter: can work from home, self-manage, and thrive as part of a remote team.
- Focus on developing protocols, data management, networking, security, and performance.
- Perhaps you: have used boost, answered questions on StackOverflow, contributed to open source projects, C++ standards, and the W3C. Or, you want to work with developers who have done all these things.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Weekly lunches and breakfasts
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
Who we are:
We provide global financial settlement solutions to ultimately enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly, without correspondent banks, and with real-time certainty of settlement. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join the growing, global network of financial institutions and market makers laying the foundation for the Internet of Value.
We’re backed by prominent investors like Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, CME Group, Santander Bank and Seagate Technology. We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s Financial District with offices in New York and Sydney. As an industry advocate for the Internet of Value, Ripple sits on the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force Steering Committee and co-chairs the W3C’s Web Payments Working Group.
Read more about our successes here in our Press Center.