At Remitly, we're helping people send over $4 billion around the globe motivated by our mission to deliver on our promise to immigrants sending money across the world.
As a Software Development Engineer at Remitly, you are a builder and a leader, responsible for pursuing complex technical and customer problems and creating extraordinary products backed by great systems. We use cutting edge languages, tools, and frameworks to build applications and services on top of a scalable cloud architecture. Our startup work environment is fast-paced, passionate and growing quickly.
Successful engineers use their experience to research and evaluate technical options, then apply standard methodologies and design patterns to architect, build, and maintain high quality systems. They work across teams to define and articulate the true technical requirements underlying feature requests, and design with an eye for simultaneously accomplishing company goals, improving existing systems, and reducing technical debt. They are also acutely aware that software isn’t complete after shipping, instead designing for stability, monitoring, and maintenance over time to deliver quality software while shooting for stars; they create systems that can evolve but last for years. More than just building, engineers also mentor, evangelize engineering practices, and continuously inspire technical excellence across the company.
Part of Finance engineering team :
- You will be building an accurate, immutable, scalable and resilient financial tracking system.
- You will be building a scalable reconciling platform via integrating with diverse bank APIs around the globe to provide accurate view of financials.
- Integrating online machine learning and predictive analytics models with our transactional systems to improve treasury operations.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- A deep understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Strong ability to mentor and influence other engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across a team.
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more clear on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and inspiring team to own business decisions and outcomes. Does this sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Remitly is an E-verify Employer