Reaction Commerce is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing engineering team. As a part of the engineering team at Reaction Commerce, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the fastest growing open source commerce platform in the world. We’re looking for someone with a keen attention to detail and an ability to design testing patterns that will be followed by the rest of the engineering team.
You’ll be responsible for collaborating with the engineering team to define our testing processes and patterns: manual and automated acceptance testing, regression testing, functional, integration and unit-testing, API testing, and load testing. As part of the engineering team, you’ll play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into reliable, well-tested software.
- Implement load tests against a variety of target services and document results
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Integrate automated testing into CI processes
- Perform regression testing against released code and acceptance testing against code that is being considered for release
- Log, document and triage issues in bug tracking system
- Manage QA software tools such as RainforestQA
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop processes to identify issues before code is released
- Operate within a cross-functional team to deliver reliable, tested software by agreed-upon deadlines
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ Years as a QA engineer or software engineer with QA bent
- Experience with Continuous Integration or Delivery using tools like CircleCI, Travis CI, or Jenkins
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical staff and management
- Experience running load/stress tests against a variety of targets
- Experience with eCommerce and CMS platforms
- Understanding of open source software tools such as Git
- Experience maintaining or contributing to open source projects is a plus
- Motivated, self-starter who can work in a distributed team environment
- Open-minded mentality
- Goal oriented personality
- Empathy for customers, community, and co-workers
- Tendency to teach others what you know and excitement for sharing knowledge
- Growth oriented mindset and a desire to be better today than yesterday
- Desire to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Critical thinker who will work to solve the right problem
- Cooperative attitude and an ability to pair program effectively with other engineers
- Ability to think holistically about a given project or problem
- Understanding of the intricacies of simultaneous development for both desktop and mobile targets
At Reaction Commerce, we believe that the best results come from shared ideas. We’re an open source platform built on open source code, driven by modern technology and the spirit of our global community. Collaborate with us at our Santa Monica HQ, located just minutes from the beach, or work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Physical and mental health is important to us, which is why we offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, plus stock options, flexible office hours, free lunch, vacation stipends, and more.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, but we go above and beyond mere lip service. We welcome people of any gender identity, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, education level, identity, and self-identification. We think accessibility for people with disabilities is a priority, not an afterthought. We think neurodiversity is a feature, not a bug.
We believe in being inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of anyone who comes to us with the desire to build, collaborate, and lead. To learn more, visit our diversity statement.