Purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We provide all three at Rally Health (rallyhealth.com), a company that's revolutionizing population health and healthcare. Work for the purpose of improving millions of people's wellness and lifestyles. Help build and improve our platform of mission critical health applications. As a Senior Medical Coder working in the Clinical, Behavioral & Strategy Team, you will collaborate closely with the Data and Reporting teams to identify, define, measure, and improve the impact of Rally products on users’ lives.
- Assign and sequence codes for multiple medical treatments and care paths
- Contribute to the development of new health data management and storage systems
- Structure and categorize PHR data for front end display use across multiple code systems
- Reviews bulletins, newsletters and publications to remain current in regulation trends related to medical record coding and documentation
- Comply with legal requirements –including HIPPA- regarding coding procedures and practices
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- CCS or CPC-H required; RHIT or RHIA preferred
- Proficient in ICD-9-CM, ICD-10, CPT and NDC coding
- Minimum of five years of coding experience
- Analytical mindset, with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in medical terminology, including anatomy and physiology
- Team player and strong individual contributor
Nice to Have:
- SQL querying abilities a strong plus
- Worked with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Flume, HUE etc.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America’s diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.