Prezi is the zooming presentation software that uses an open canvas instead of traditional slides to help people explore ideas, collaborate more effectively, and create visually dynamic presentations. Founded in 2009, and with offices in San Francisco, Budapest and Riga, Prezi provides its users a visually engaging, personalized way to express their ideas anytime, anywhere.
The company’s vision extends well beyond authoring software alone into becoming the inspiration and enabler of world-changing ideas for people, organizations, and businesses. Prezi has enjoyed explosive growth and developed a rapid following of passionate users. More than 85 million people from over 190 countries use Prezi from their desktops, browsers and mobile devices. Prezi is rapidly adding new users each month, and more than 1 Prezi is created every second. The company has over 300 employees and is backed by premier investors, including Accel Partners, Sunstone Capital (based in Copenhagen), and TED. We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our Data Infrastructure Team.
Data @ Prezi
We believe that data analytics should be easy for both technical and non-technical people. We aim to create the tools, build the data platform and train our users to make this possible.
To better understand our users we collect data from all parts of our product and push it to a Kafka cluster and ingest data to Amazon distributed storage S3. We then use open source tools like Apache Gobblin to further process and analyze our data. We collect around 1TB data/day. Analysts who are interested in the data can crunch the data using Zeppelin or can schedule job with our ETL system to process the data with Spark/Hive. Data is then loaded into the data warehouse where we can do further analyses or create charts and reports.
See more from our talk at re:Invent.
- Keep petabyte-scale data flowing through our pipeline. We have hundreds of data-analytics jobs running every day.
- Work closely together with other Data Teams in Budapest and San Francisco
- Design and build data architecture and related tooling including:
- Logging framework
- ETL and batch processing infrastructure
- Realtime data systems, data pipelines, pub/sub interfaces
- Data warehouse modeling and design
- A/B testing framework
- BI tooling, OLAP
- Future proof our system to enable new business opportunities e.g. through machine learning
- Partner with Data Analysts, provide tools and guidance on schema modeling, query optimization
- Build and adjust ETL pipelines, datasets and define best practices
- Oversee data lifecycle, understand it’s current and future use cases and build a scalable, maintainable solution
- Automate data quality assurance and provide best practices to teams.
- Work together with Product Teams and provide them simple APIs to push and pull data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software engineering
- Fluency in a scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Familiarity with *nix environment and tooling (e.g. bash, ssh, git)
- Up-to-date knowledge about big data tools and techniques
- Experience developing and working with ETL pipelines
- SQL knowledge
- Data warehouse design and maintenance experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to consult, partner and work effectively with business partners and technical partners across functions
- Enthusiasm for DevOps: we write it, we run it!
- Excitement for building on open sourced tools as well as contributing to existing products
- Get it done behaviour: you are smart and quick with a focus on delivery
- Bravery to try, pilot and eventually productise new technologies
You might also have
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud provider
- Experience with continuous integration, configuration management
- Background in statistics, data analysis, data science, and machine learning
What we offer you
- Deploy to production from day one
- A working environment that supports career and skill growth
- People who listen to your opinions and value them
- A centrally located office in downtown Budapest
- Enjoy free quality food in our bistro
- Participate in fellowship trips and work in our San Francisco office
- Paid trips to professional conferences anywhere in the world
- Receive stock options to become your own employer
- Be yourself - we are proud to be colorful!