Premise is Growing! We’re hiring an Engineering Manager, Quality in San Francisco, CA to infuse our team with drive, technical and intellectual horsepower, and diverse perspectives. You will lead a team of talented individuals responsible for the quality of our engineering platform and flagship applications.
Premise is a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world’s hardest-to-see places. We enable global decision-makers to move faster and make smarter decisions by employing local, on-the-ground contributors to observe and collect real-time data. Our current clients include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and United States Department of State (DOS). A $66M Series C Venture Capital organization, we are backed by Google Ventures, Social Capital, and Andreessen Horowitz, among others, and our board and advisors include thought leaders such as Larry Summers and Rajiv Shah. Learn more about us at www.premise.com; or Follow us at @Premise.com.
We are a passionate, tight-knit team that moves fast, appreciates candor, and deeply values the diversity of our backgrounds. Our diversity mirrors the global nature of our work: we’ve lived in 30 countries, speak 14 languages, and believe in the value of life experience that an unconventional background inherently brings. What unites us is our innate curiosity and collective ambition to build technology that ultimately has a measurable human impact.
What you get to do:
- Lead and further build out a team of SDETs, responsible for the quality of the software across the Premise platform, including Mobile (Android and iOS), Web and Services
- Be the leader to make Premise an automation driven organization
- Develop and manage quality metrics and processes that fit the maturity of our organization and needs
- Champion a strong release engineering discipline to confidently deliver software that is consistent and reproducible
- Partner with other Engineering teams on web and mobile test automation strategy including tools and technologies
- Manage quality issues by partnering with Growth, Product and Development teams
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of you and your team's technical execution
Your Background Likely Includes:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience as a Lead Engineer or Manager in a test or development role
- Successfully implemented automation and manual test strategies on web and mobile
- Espresso, Selenium, jUnit or Gatling or similar technologies
- Experience with PaaS models, like Google Cloud and AWS
- Demonstrated champion of strong release engineering processes, metrics and monitoring
- Hands-on technical experience combined with strong management and communication skills
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage
- Demonstrated expertise in recruiting and managing a team of experienced engineers on large scale projects
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale, distributed applications
Washington Post: These smartphone photos can help shape national policy
The New York Times: Lawrence Summers to join Board of hyperdata startup