Poshmark is the largest community marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and over a million sellers, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community every day to express themselves and share their love of fashion.
We are a rapidly growing multiplatform social fashion marketplace and working on developing new user experiences, solving difficult problems and creating delightful solutions to improve user experiences.
Poshmark is looking for a talented and creative Junior Software Engineer, Web Application. The candidate is expected to create web applications that have a simple user interface and solid code that touches the lives of millions of users. The role will be dynamic and varied, requiring a versatile self-starter willing to dive into multiple initiatives. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to implement code that may run in production, at scale. While having the opportunity to work with a talented team to rapidly roll out changes and measure their impact, while being mentored and guided.
- Responsible for creating web application features in code.
- Develop a scalable and maintainable server and client code,
- Work with web technologies built on Web, database, and caching technologies.
- Tune the performance for the web application.
- Deep understanding of issues related to scalability and performance of the application.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and:
- 2 years software development experience, including at least 1 years in building easy to use and responsive web applications
- Experience in any of the following highly desirable - NodeJs, Vue.Js, React, Angular, Ruby, Rails, jQuery, Mongodb, Bootstrap, NoSQL technologies (i.e. MongoDB), AWS, Tomcat;
- Skills in building server-side web development stack;
- Understanding and designing RESTful web services.
Please note that Poshmark will not be able to sponsor work-related visa for this role.