Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
We are looking for a Front-End Developer and provide an open-ended contract, full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Good code-testing skills
- 1-2 years of experience with React, Vue or Angular
- Thorough knowledge of build systems like Gulp or Webpack
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Experience of geospatial concepts
- Knowledge of geospatial frontend libs like OpenLayers, Leaflet, CesiumJS or Turf
- Solid experience with transpilers like browserify, SASS, LESS or PostCSS
- Expertise in Linux based environments
- Experience with Agile Software Development methods
- Any backend development experience is welcome
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's Dreamforce Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.