Our collective number of products, services and integrations produce mountains of data, which is currently being captured in a central data hub and compiled into a data warehouse. We analyze the data to improve our software and use predictive analytics to bring more intelligence into Pipedrive - enabling salespeople reach new levels.
With the latter in mind we are focused on building a platform that would enable us to run different ML/AI experiences on Big Data. This involves working closely with Data Scientists and enabling them to run AI/ML trained models in a production environment with low latency. We are also strong believers in loosely coupled architecture including Microservices and Function as a Service.
In this role you will be a central point of contact between Pipedrive’s data platform and the core system components. You will also be working with experienced engineers, DevOps and product managers in a challenging and stimulating startup environment.
Some of the things we already do:
- Running and building a Data Platform on modern open source technologies - providing key analytics to the business
- Running containers in production on Kubernetes cluster embodied in cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- We are proud owners of in-house scalable instrumentation framework which helps us to capture all the necessary data bits, flows and events.
- We also manage a collection of different data analysis and visualization tools
Some of the things we expect from you:
- Proven software development or DevOps track record
- Passion and deep interest in the field of AI
- Strong development and programming skills - we use Python, Node.js or Go
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone
- The mindset of architects - you should have opinions on constructing software systems and knowledge in principles of reliability, fault-tolerance and durability
- Thorough understanding of security threats
- Experiences in building and designing of productions services with monitoring and robust logging
- Fluent English language skills are a must
- Have opinions on running different services in cloud infrastructure
- Understanding of different types of testing and where and when to apply these approaches
- Some knowledge of running data stores either SQL or NoSQL in production environment
- Experience in any of following technologies is a plus not a must: Kafka, Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Spark, Scala, Kubernetes
What we offer:
- Competitive base pay
- An international team with offices in Estonia, US, Portugal and London
- Flexible work environment and hours
- One of the coolest offices in Estonia (where this role will be based)
- A chance to be a part of the next Estonian success story