Paperless Post is seeking an engineering manager to provide leadership and guidance through exemplary programming and process. You’ll work with and lead engineers on a specific feature team to build and refine a highly reliable and scalable product. On behalf of your team, you’ll work with senior tech leadership and other dev leads/managers to define the technical planning for a platform with a deep and complex network of 85 million users.
What you’ll do here
- Manage the day-to-day work of engineers on your team, provide technical guidance in feature-planning, and work with your team’s product manager to organize and plan priorities.
- Facilitate and participate in standups, code reviews, 1-1s, and semi-annual reviews with your direct reports.
- Develop and implement new features that help create the best Paperless Post user experience possible while also addressing technical debt.
- Work with other Dev Leads and Managers to organize and prioritize engineering efforts for performance, stability, and clean code alongside product initiatives.
- Work closely with senior tech leadership to shape and communicate the technical roadmap.
- Work with the Data team to gain insights through our internal analytics tools and iterate based on what you’ve learned.
- Stay current on technology trends by participating in internal tech talks, hack days, and learning sessions.
What you bring to the table
You absolutely must have hard skills, a good attitude, and demonstrated experience playing a key role in shipping something significant. Beyond that, we’re open-minded.
Things that spark our interest:
- Experience helping scale something substantial such as traffic, code, people, or infrastructure is a major plus.
- Management and mentorship skills and the ability to effectively share your knowledge and experience.
- Track record of wanting to know why something is done to ensure always doing things the best way possible.
- An open mind and the ability to be .
- Opinionated but not dogmatic.
- Comfortable backingsupporting your ideas up with logic.
- Humility, gumption, moxie, and other fun, old-timey synonyms for that type of can-do attitude.
A little about the team
The PP Engineering team is a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists that’s charged with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each month. Our individual feature teams each focus on a unique piece of the user experience and are made up of engineers, product managers, QA, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but fearless approach to technology.
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and healthy balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we get to spend our days focused on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.