Pager is a rapidly growing NYC health-tech startup looking for a Data Analyst to build Pager's systems that will enable better and faster, data-informed decisions for patient care. The Data Analyst will guarantee that metrics are being properly tracked, while interacting with business stakeholders, data engineers and data scientists to create and automate the analytics and reports required to move our business forward. The ideal candidate doesn't shy away from a programming challenge and has knack for providing answers to complex business questions.
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations.
- Work with data producers, internal analysts, and decision makers across the company to provide extraordinary data analytics opportunities
- Analyze broad data sets and provide actionable insights to better inform business decisions primarily for our operations department, but not limited.
- Participate as a member of interdisciplinary squads that includes data engineers, data scientists software engineers and business leaders
- Develop and maintain automated dashboards, metric reports and data visualizations for the broader business and marketing teams
- Maintain and re-engineer existing ETLs to increase data accuracy, data stability and pipeline performance
- Collaborate closely with both engineers and business stakeholders to guarantee proper implementation of tracking and reporting
Technologies We Use
- SQL, R, Python
- Postgres and AWS
- js, leaftlet.js
- js, mongoDB, postgres, redis, socket.io, rabbitmq, AWS
- Continuous integration, BDD testing and testing frameworks (mocha, chai)
Some Projects You Will Work On
- Stand-up tools to provide decision making dashboards for different business units
- Gather requirements and identify the most relevant business questions from different stakeholders
- Metrics tracking, KPI design, execution and reporting
The ideal candidate has the following qualities
- Ability to integrate concepts and methodologies into concrete product implementations
- Ability to move at hyper-startup-speed in a high-energy environment with high expectations
- Ability to work independently and quickly, but cares about precision and details, doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Ability to interact closely with business stakeholders; find the right questions to ask and provide concrete answers to business question
- Ability to estimate, plan and prioritize own design and production work
- Very good knowledge of relational databases and SQL (minimum of 2 years hands on experience)
- Strong ability to analyze data and troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Expertise in one or more BI and data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, Looker)
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical coworkers
- Creative, flexible, quick to learn and ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail and strong strategic mindset
- Familiarity with a computational statistics language (R, Python, Julia)
- Familiarity with Linux/OS X command line, version control software (git), and general software development
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, Computational Engineering, Applied Mathematics or others) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with ETL management and design of analytics databases from multiple input sources.
- Security and/or having worked in a regulated industry.
- Experience with R or other statistical analytics tools
- Experience with data analysis and data science programing languages (e.g. Python, R, Julia)
- Experience with data ingestion & pipeline management
Founded and headquartered in New York City, Pager is the healthcare care management company that is changing how people connect with, navigate and experience healthcare. By connecting and triaging patients through mobile-first, chat-centric clinical services, Pager is addressing a very real need for broader access to care in a more comprehensive and convenient way than traditional telemedicine, urgent care, and concierge medicine models allow. Pager has been serving patients in New York since 2014 and has successfully treated over 60,000 patients to date. Through the company’s partnerships with nationally recognized health plans and provider organizations Pager is actively expanding its reach across the country.
From its inception as a tech-enabled house call provider, Pager has evolved to a complete healthcare platform offering services that include chat triage, referrals, and prescription delivery and labs. Backed by NEA, Lux Capital, and Sound Ventures, Pager has built an AI-powered, consumer-friendly mobile app to service patients round the clock.
Pager’s proven ability to increase patient engagement and lower the cost of care drives a growing number of partnerships with health plans and health systems seeking a capable partner to boost member satisfaction, customer loyalty, and retention while mitigating the high cost of over-utilized emergency care.
Posted by employer