Orion is revolutionizing the way that people communicate. Our heads-up, wearable-enabled group communication service helps people to stay connected across any distance and collaborate more efficiently.
What you’ll do:
- Create beautiful, innovative software integrated with a Bluetooth wearable device
- Design and build maintainable code for Android devices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- 3+ years experience developing consumer software for Android
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- A deep familiarity with Android Studio, Java, Gradle and the Android SDK
- Experience working with Android and Java frameworks such as Retrofit, JNI, OkHttp
- Experience interacting with REST APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies
- One or more applications in Google Play.
- Active Github account.
- Deep understanding of mobile performance, latency, and security issues
Orion is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. This means striving to hire a diverse set of humans and providing them with support, mentorship, and opportunities to grow. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team is valuable endeavor in itself, and also allows us to do our best work and make better products. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences.
All are welcome here.
- Trans Can Work certified employer, 2017