Senior Director of Engineering
Nomis is looking for a talented Senior Director of Engineering for our Toronto, Canada office who is a visionary, drives true innovation, and delivers best in class solutions. You will report to the CTO and scale a high-performing and entrepreneurial tech culture that fears no challenge.
You are going to have the unique opportunity to define and build the next generation of Nomis, supporting both platform and application use cases. You'll partner with the product team to build a compelling product vision, introducing critical new capabilities into our current product offering as well as new product offerings in the future.
Who We Are
We bring Silicon Valley innovation to retail banks. Nomis enables banks to transform how they acquire, analyze, and act on data from a variety of sources so they can better serve their customers. Applying the latest thinking in enterprise system design, big data/analytics, and customer-facing personalization is the key to making this happen in an industry that, in many ways, is a greenfield opportunity for applying next-generation technology.
As market leaders with experience in over 75 implementations, Nomis optimizes $1 trillion in banking transactions and returns $300,000,000 to its customers every year in an environment that is increasingly competitive, highly disruptive, and facing rising interest rates.
- Envision and deliver solutions that transform the pricing process in consumer banking
- Drive transformative breakthroughs that reduce complexity with powerful elegance
- Partner with talented colleagues to establish and execute product roadmaps
- Show the status quo the door and continuously flood the room with the best methodologies and cutting- edge technologies
- Hands-on experience architecting and designing SaaS applications
- Deep experience in object-oriented programming
- REST API’s architecture/structure
- Agile development processes (Scrum) and Continuous Integration tools and processes
- Amplify and scale an exceptional engineering culture that focuses on innovation, quality, commitment, and fun
- Unleash your gravitas and magnetic personality to attract top talent and inspire individuals to achieve our mission
- Meticulously develop, train, coach, and empower phenomenal individual contributors and leaders
- Drive decision-making and personal accountability deeper
- Deliver kick-ass solutions that hook customers like an espresso addiction
- Build trust with internal groups, external stakeholders, and customers by providing transparency, creating robust communication channels, and consistently delivering on-time, on-scope, and with exceptional quality
- Craft a lightweight development framework to rapidly adapt to a changing mix of product and client projects
- Define and enforce technical standards for quality, maintainability, scalability, availability, and security
- Ability to define and refine development processes for smooth execution and productivity
Skills & Requirements
- 15+ years of experience in high-growth software engineering, with 10+ years leadership experience
- Proven track record of successfully building SaaS (B2B a plus)
- True passion for leading, inspiring, and mentoring engineers of all levels
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, a team-focused approach, and with collaboration skills to build tight-knit relationships across Nomis
- Experience building platform/configuration driven applications is a plus
- Strong sense of ownership with the propensity to take action and deliver
- Ability to engage, hire, develop top talent and possess a knack for mentoring engineers to their true potential