Nomis is looking for the best software development talent for our Toronto office. While we aim high, you aim even higher. You will be responsible for ensuring our customers are successfully deployed on our pricing and optimization platform by developing custom code elements and configuring the base software to deliver powerful data analytics and price optimization to large financial services clients around the globe. The lessons you learn while working with the software and with our customers are turned back into tools, enhancements, and automation components of the core product to continuously evolve the onboarding experience, the tools, and the process.
Who We Are & What We Build
Our top-notch people, proven technology stack, and innovative analytics are tackling big data challenges at banks every day. We deliver mission-critical customer, pricing, and product mix insights that benefit banks and their customers. We are an innovative, venture-backed company with the vision to transform consumer banking and play table tennis along the way. We are growing and scaling the teams and need smart, driven, innovative, articulate, savvy, fun people to help us get to the next level and beyond.
Who You Are
You are self-driven ace programmer with Java, SQL, XML, Python, and Linux skills. You are well rounded in your skill set and have a proven track record of writing elegant, simple-yet-complicated code that scales and is secure. You are passionate about continuous improvement and chew through new technologies like Node, Spark, Cascading and D3. You are an excellent and confident communicator and enjoy working closely with cross-functional teams. You are addicted to problem solving, you own your work, and you love crossing things off your to-do list. You are innovative and strive to leave things better than when you found them. You like to share knowledge and love to participate in and lead code reviews. You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments and are comfortable wearing multiple hats when necessary. You have an uncompromising attention to detail. You like Scrum and keep multi-tasking to a minimum.
If you like to solve real-world business problems with technology and your current title is Software Solutions Engineer, Software Engineer, Application Consultant, or Solutions Consultant; this could be a great fit for you!
- Work jointly with the project team, data modelers, and business analysts to implement price-response models and financial profit models within the software.
- Understand customer and project needs, know the intricacies of the product stack, and successfully implement the software for each customer.
- Provide technical leadership, innovation, and guidance to other team members.
- Create custom code or modify existing code to solve specific customer needs.
- Create services and new frameworks. Extend the current application. Prototype a new feature.
- Document enhancements and work with the product team to get customizations refactored into the core product.
- Work in concert with the data team in developing customer-specific data interfaces to the software as part of a NOETL process.
- Validate the results from the models are as expected and apply expert debugging and troubleshooting processes to quickly resolve any issues.
- Configure reports and graphs within the user interface
- Create automation frameworks and scripts, recommend enhancements to existing tools or propose entirely new tools with the end goal of scaling the business and automating everything possible.
- 2+ years working with Java, SQL, source control, test driven development
- Experience with MySQL, XML, Python and Linux
- Experience with Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and the AWS API
- Experience with Meteor, Node.js, AngularJS, ReactJS
- Experience with test and/or process automation
- Possess solid debugging process and exhibit technical intuition
Qualifications and Competencies:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, or Software Engineering is required
- Excellent Communication Skills both Verbal and Written is required
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues is required
- Demonstrated ability to craft a technical implementation strategy with realistic estimates and a work breakdown structure is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage other team members is required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team is required
- Strong problem solving skills as well as the ability to communicate business insights is required
- Experience automating backend process is desired
- Experience with ETL tools and data marts or data warehousing is desired
- An understanding of statistical and financial models is desired
- Must reside and able to legally work in Canada
- Nomis will not cover any relocation costs for this position
- Travel is not required for this role