The target locations for this role are in Vancouver, Toronto, Portland, Mountain View or San Francisco
Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? Do you want to think beyond a conventional Web browser & build the future of the Web on Mobile? We are looking for an Android Mobile Engineer to help make this happen.
As an Android Mobile Engineer you will:
- Design, write, maintain, and debug software for large & complex mobile applications
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and profiling code
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed development team
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community
- Must have graduated in the past 0-2 years, or be currently enrolled in university and graduating in 2018
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You have strong coding skills in at least one of the following: Java, Kotlin, or C/C++
- You have experience building and shipping native mobile applications
- You have an understanding of web technologies (JS, CSS, DOM, HTML)
- You have the ability to learn and be effective with a large code base
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains so you should be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to speak to candidates who have experience with or want to learn about the following:
- Working knowledge of Android build and test processes
- Experience with mobile product analytics
Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in our Vancouver, Portland, Mountain View, San Francisco, or Toronto offices. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.