Do you want to influence the direction of the web on mobile? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? Do you want to give consumers and developers choice in their Android browser and ensure the future of an open web on Android? Mozilla is looking for an experienced platform engineer to help make this happen.
This is a senior role where you will have the opportunity to influence the design and implementation of Mozilla’s new embeddable browser API.
You will join a small enthusiastic team tasked with bringing the same engine that powers Firefox Quantum on desktop to mobile so that developers can enjoy embedding and using our powerful engine.
On mobile, this engine will be able to power not only general purpose browsers like Firefox for Android but also specialized browsers such as Focus/Klar and Firefox for Fire TV. And that's just the beginning!
You will dive into and help us tackle large and complex problem spaces. You will have the opportunity to work in different areas of the codebase with experts from other engineering teams.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating technical leadership, including experience mentoring other software developers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience debugging problems in a multi-threaded environment.
- Experience leading work across multiple engineering teams to drive software design a plus.
- Experience profiling performance issues with a variety of different workloads on the Android platform a plus.
Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in our office locations (Toronto preferred), and remote. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.