MobileIron is on the cutting edge of the mobile revolution. Think about how important your phone is – mobile devices are becoming increasingly critical for employees to be productive at work. This has left companies struggling to keep those devices secure while enabling access to company information and preserving employee privacy and positive user experience. More and more companies are now turning to Enterprise Mobility Management software to assist them with that priority. Thousands of organizations have selected MobileIron as the platform for their mobile strategies. In fact, MobileIron is the leading standalone EMM vendor in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant and has been recognized as a Leader for 7 consecutive years.
Are you excited by cloud, security, and mobile?
We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we scale to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
The Senior Staff Software Engineer, DevOps will drive and build a robust Cloud Delivery Platform at MobileIron. The successful candidate will bring experience working with cloud technologies, monitoring solutions, and provisioning technologies. The successful candidate will play a key role in working with Product Management to define the service, develop cutting edge technology, and ensuring a positive experience for our customers.
This role reports to the VP of Cloud Delivery and will be working closely with other Engineering functions, Product Management, Support and Sales. The team promotes an environment that nurtures creativity and provides a balance between autonomy & team work. Apply or join our talent community to learn more.
This position is located in Mountain View, CA HQ.
What you’ll be doing…
- Design and architect industry leading cloud solutions that position MobileIron as a key leader in MDM
- Work with Product Managers to identify core initiatives in SaaS/Cloud and help define and vet product requirements
- Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams throughout the company as a subject matter expert in cloud with solution and implementation focus
- Provide configuration management for development and production environments
- Develop strategies for operating and monitoring cloud products
- Enhance current deployment and automation solutions to target the cloud with an eye towards finding better solutions
- Identify and leverage industry best practices around AWS on security, configuration, and operations
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems so that you can sleep through the night even in case of failure
Who you are...
- Results oriented, solid work ethic with excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you’ve done…
- 10+ year experience in software development with at least 5+ years working with SaaS/Cloud products and technologies
- 5+ years of Java, Python, or Ruby programming experience is required
- Experience in Unix/Linux environment (CentOS, Ubuntu, and Amazon AMI)
- Has experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, etc)
- Understanding of distributed system and clustering architectures – massive scale performance with reliability
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, and CI/CD
- Strong technical foundation in information, systems and databases
- This is a hands-on position, must be able to write code individually or part of a team
- B.S. in CS, CE or EE is required; Masters in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
- Big Data experience – Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Impala, Cassandra, Redis, Solr/Lucene/elastic-search, and/or comparable technologies
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and/or Salt)
- Experience with Linux Containers and/or Docker
- Programming experience using Go
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.