Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
We are building a new team to own Mapbox’s user management, authentication, and billing. The team will be situated alongside application teams building product APIs, our Platform team which builds the underlying infrastructure, and teams working directly with our customers.
What You'll Do
- Streamline Mapbox’s user management, authentication, and billing systems
- Optimize for qualities like debt reduction, ease of knowledge sharing, and people hours spent in addition to performance and feature velocity
- Work collaboratively across teams to balance development, maintenance, and scalability with end-user needs and business goals
- Make scalable decisions that will keep pace with the growth of Mapbox
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Empathy when it comes to listening and understanding gnarly problems and finding simple solutions
- An urge for learning and comfortable with exploring unknown territory and driving continual expansion of your comfort zone
- A desire to propel your expertise through documentation, mentorship, and other forms of knowledge-sharing
- Experience building scalable web services or distributed cloud-based architecture
- Technical experience running QA or test systems at scale
- History working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Working knowledge of our tech stack (node.js, React, AWS) is a plus
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.