Who We Are
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signature less technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re pretty proud of all that too. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need
Malwarebytes is seeking a top tier candidate for the Software Engineer, Platforms role. You must be passionate about technology and its relationship with business and user experience. This team currently owns projects in Java and Rails tech stacks. You will closely work with our team of experienced front-end and back-end engineers and product managers to scale our e-commerce and subscriptions platforms and write great code.
Skills You’ll Need to Have
- 4+ years strong backend engineering experience, ideally using Java, Scala or Rails
- Prior experience with a distributed streaming platform like Kafka is a big plus
- Prior experience creating and consuming JSON/REST web services and communicating with systems is a must
- Integration experience with major third-party services like Salesforce, Netsuite is a plus
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas.
- Team player with an understanding and appreciation for Agile development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/scientific field or equivalent work experience
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- A quickly growing, great work environment that supports growth and development
- A company with a strong social element, annual global company off-site, music events and lots of other great stuff