MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our Operations team who is a self-directed, experienced programmer who enjoys the trade-offs and complexities involved in implementing new features in mature codebases and crafting new tools. You have some knowledge of Systems Engineering and Administration of Red Hat derivative OSes, but don’t necessarily want that to be your primary job. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't just writing code: you enjoy working with your partners to make sure you’re designing and developing code that will accomplish the functions they’re asking for. You prefer using tried and true technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you know that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down and fixed them. You're comfortable using git in a continuous Integration environment, and you're not afraid to dig into configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef.
What you'll do:
- Provide tools, APIs, and automations that reduce toil and make work easier
- Share expertise with teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with other team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Use puppet and kubernetes to help automate our environments
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
- Champion internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Are passionate for building great tools and automations and are excited to learn new ways to deliver great software products
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. We offer extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.