Maana is looking for creative, enthusiastic, think-outside-the-box engineers, to help us build our knowledge platform, Maana Q. We deal with challenging problems in distributed systems, data processing and scalability every day, and must consider the overall impact of each component on the whole system. If you are a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on challenging problems, please read on!
As part of the engineering team, you will work on the core features of the platform: building methods for acquiring, storing and processing data and knowledge models; scaling the platform to work with millions of documents and data points; improving the reliability of the platform; defining and building out new platform features; and ensuring the overall usability and reliability of the platform.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Expectations and responsibilities will be adjusted based on experience and demonstrated ability.
- Understand the platform's implementation, and the design choices made in arriving at the implementation.
- Implement and test features in the Maana platform and assist with creating supporting documentation.
- Work with lead engineers and QA to ensure features integrate with other platform components.
- Acquire new information as needed for proper implementation of features, including learning new libraries, programming languages, APIs, and programming techniques.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development. Back-end experience preferred.
- Desire to learn and further develop distributed systems fundamentals: scalability, coordination, resilience, etc.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written).
Preferred Experience and Skills
You will either come in with these skills or acquire many of them at Maana.
- Linux and containerization, specifically Docker.
- Cloud computing, specifically Azure.
- NoSQL databases, such as key/value stores and graph databases.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Founded in 2012, Maana is a privately held company known as the pioneer of Digital Knowledge Technology. Maana has invented a new way to represent industrial knowledge mathematically, using the patented Maana Computational Knowledge Graph™, at the core of the Maana Knowledge Platform™. This unique innovation enables industrial companies to encode human expertise and data from across silos into digital knowledge to help employees make better and faster decisions. Using the Maana Knowledge Platform, Fortune 500 industrial companies can quickly develop AI-driven Knowledge Applications, that accelerate digitizing decision flows and operations.
In 2017 Maana was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer for enabling the 4th industrial revolution and also by IHS Markit as a CERAWeek 2017 Energy Innovation Pioneer.
Maana’s strategic investors are comprised of Frost Data Capital, GE Ventures, Intel Capital, Chevron Technology Ventures, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, Shell Technology Ventures, Accenture Ventures, CICC, Eight Square Capital, and Sino Capital. Customers include Global Fortune 500 industrial companies such as Airbus, BHP, Chevron, GE, Maersk, and Shell. Maana is privately held with offices in Palo Alto, California, Bellevue, Washington, Houston, Texas, and international presence in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; London, UK; and Copenhagen, Denmark. Visit us at https://www.maana.io/