Maana is looking for Front-End Engineers excited to drive the development of our growing platform. You will join a team of Software Development Engineers tackling a wide variety of design challenges in an effort to build a reliable, scalable, and performant platform.
As a Front-End Engineer you will be responsible for transforming and exposing the features of the platform into an intuitive, smooth, and beautiful looking user interface. We build our user interfaces using the latest front-end technologies such as React, Material-UI, and Apollo client. We are always searching for new and powerful APIs and libraries that can be leveraged to extend and enhance our platform.
You will be involved in developing user interfaces for a wide variety of tasks centered around handling large amounts of data, including modelling and visualizing the data; filtering, searching, and exploring the data; and adding and manipulating the data. The platform is composed of many microservices, primarily written in NodeJS, interacting with each other through GraphQL. In addition to front-end work, there will be many opportunities to implement, scale, and improve these microservices.
A major part of this effort is to Maana is looking for creative, enthusiastic, think-outside-the-box engineers. If working in a fun, fast-paced environment such as this sounds exciting, please read on!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and implement UI and microservice features following development conventions and best practices
- Create comprehensive unit tests
- Identify and fix issues within the UI/platform
- Create user and technical documentation
- Work with lead engineers and QA to ensure features integrate with other UI/platform components
- Research new technologies, patterns, and programming techniques and leverage them within the platform
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline
- 3+ years professional software development experience (Front-end preferred)
- Proficiency with Git
- In-depth experience with test frameworks and methodologies, such as Jest and BDD
- Ability to turn high-level business requirements into scoped work, prioritized appropriately
- Experience in highly available, scalable, and secure systems
- Think outside the box to create amazing, intuitive, thoughtful user interfaces
- Likes to push boundaries and try new approaches to problems
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Work experience with GraphQL
- Work experience with NodeJS
- Familiarity with micro-services architecture and best practices
- Open Source project experience. If you do, please include a link to your profile!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Founded in 2012, Maana is a privately held company known as the pioneer of Digital Knowledge Technology. Maana has invented a new way to represent industrial knowledge mathematically, using the patented Maana Computational Knowledge Graph™, at the core of the Maana Knowledge Platform™. This unique innovation enables industrial companies to encode human expertise and data from across silos into digital knowledge to help employees make better and faster decisions. Using the Maana Knowledge Platform, Fortune 500 industrial companies can quickly develop AI-driven Knowledge Applications, that accelerate digitizing decision flows and operations.
In 2017 Maana was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer for enabling the 4th industrial revolution and also by IHS Markit as a CERAWeek 2017 Energy Innovation Pioneer.
Maana’s strategic investors are comprised of Frost Data Capital, GE Ventures, Intel Capital, Chevron Technology Ventures, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, Shell Technology Ventures, Accenture Ventures, CICC, Eight Square Capital, and Sino Capital. Customers include Global Fortune 500 industrial companies such as Airbus, BHP, Chevron, GE, Maersk, and Shell. Maana is privately held with offices in Palo Alto, California, Bellevue, Washington, Houston, Texas, and international presence in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; London, UK; and Copenhagen, Denmark. Visit us at https://www.maana.io/