The Operations Developer is a member of a cross-product DevOps team which supports Lightspeed’s growing development teams with the infrastructure needed to run our products reliably. You will advise on and deploy new technologies as needed by the business, monitor and improve the performance of infrastructure systems, support continuous integration, and nurture development teams towards the implementation of continuous deployment. Automation is at the heart of our workflows, repeatable automation is achieved through infrastructure as code.
You can count on support from both local members and the DevOps teams in other locations.
You’ll do all that in an environment which currently contains a mix of bare metal and cloud resources, with a goal to move more towards the cloud to be aligned the rest of our products. Our cloud providers are AWS and GCP.
- Support the team’s continuous integration and continuous deployment initiatives;
- Use automation extensively to deploy, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our products and their development teams;
- Evaluate and evolve the ongoing design, architecture, standards, and methods for Lightspeed eCom’s infrastructure and systems.
- Contribute to service capacity planning and demand forecasting;
- Resolve service problems (you will be a part of a weekly on-call rotation).
- 5 - 7 years’ experience with Linux/Unix administration;
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.);
- Strong experience managing databases;
- Experience managing environments running on Kubernetes;
- Experience with high availability strategies;
- Understanding of version control (Git, GitHub);
- Familiarity with the networking stack;
- Security awareness;
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Must have strong communication skills to empower distributed teams.
- Ability to read, write and review automation code (ruby, python, bash, etc.);
- Experience using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, or Puppet;
- Knowledge of high-level programming languages (PHP, NodeJS, etc.);
- Ability to openly debate technical decisions.
What we offer:
- Motivational work environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A challenging, fast-paced and great working environment;
- Possibility to work with state of the art technologies;
- Ability to grow within the Amsterdam team and the global Lightspeed Development team;
- Possibility to learn on the job, from other colleagues and training.
Contact us and find out more!