Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Brands rely on Leanplum to help them orchestrate multi-channel campaigns - from messaging to the in-app experience - all from a single, integrated platform. Global brands such as Tinder, Grab, Tesco, and Zynga turn to Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia. Leanplum has received more than $93 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups and SF Business Times' Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com.
About the Role
As a Staff Engineer, you are a technical leader in the organization. You will organize, lead and implement strategically important projects and systems. You will expertly design and implement scalable, distributed, fault tolerant systems that satisfy complex requirements.
You will lead technical decisions in your team and the chapter by demonstrating expert judgement and the ability to build consensus in the organization. You approach technical decisions strategically and and are able to describe, analyze and convince others about technical trade offs and decisions. You work with a diverse set of stakeholders to identify strategically important cross functional problems and take the lead in find the solutions.
You improve the pod, the engineering team and the company. You can lead initiatives and meetings in the engineering organization and are able to help your teammates be better engineers through better processes, practices or technical guidance.
You are trusted to communicate the Engineering brand within and outside the company, both technically and culturally.
- CS degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding
- Expert experience with object oriented programming languages Java, C++
- Proficient experience with distributed systems, such as NoSQL databases and big data processing systems.
- Large scale data processing using MapReduce experience is a plus
- Analyzing and debugging performance issues across distributed systems
About the Team
At Leanplum, we want to make marketing more relevant and personalized. In order to do that, the Data Platform team needs to process huge amounts of data and resolve that data into users and groups of users. This work is foundational to our entire product. Our team manages distributed, high volume APIs and data ingestion services through which we currently serving over 25k low latency requests per second, processing over 16B events a day, for billions of users, and growing fast. We will work with partners in geolocation, machine-learning, in-store analytics, and more to ingest all relevant types of data. Every data point about users, whether it is from our SDKs, servers, or third parties is processed, enriched and managed by the team. We then use those data points to group users in innovative and intelligent ways. Most importantly, we are responsible for the compliance, control, and security of this data. Our distributed Java services and caches run on Google Cloud, while our SDKs are embedded in billions of devices over the world.
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious lunches catered daily
- Happy hours every Friday!
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
- Being part of specification/design phase
- Knowledge sharing/documentation for your responsibilities
- Developing new features by writing high quality and maintainable code
- Maintaining existing features by fixing bugs or refactoring existing code
- Writing automated tests, such as unit, functional, integration tests
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining detailed design docs
- Monitoring the functionality, availability of systems and features
- Releasing new versions of systems that you own as a tech lead