Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data and FinTech and we are looking for an Android Developer to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are expanding. We’ve received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, “36th fastest growing company in the US” on the INC 500 List, Fast Company’s "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America’s Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Create a best-in-class user experience to the Kabbage Android app using Android best practices and modern tools. Follow Google’s material design standards to create elegant Android user experiences, not just repurposed iOS features. Continuously learn and apply the latest techniques and ideas from the Android developer community.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for in you:
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems; open to new ways of doing things.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work; has a can-do attitude. Someone who doesn't believe a feature is fully shipped until it's fast and reliable.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do; brings new ideas to the company.
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work.
- Learning: A desire to learn and a commitment to ongoing development.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
What you should have:
- Experience with native Android SDK development using Java or other JVM languages.
- Understanding of object oriented AND functional programming design patterns and best practices, including dependency injection, SOLID principles, and UI architecture patterns (MVP, MVVM, MVC, etc.).
- Understanding of material design and the associated best practices for Android UI/UX.
- Understanding of best practices for multithreading on Android.
- Experience developing mobile applications that interface with a RESTful API.
- Understand test-driven development and how to write unit tests.
- Experience using Git for version control.
- Experience with Kotlin! Our app is almost entirely written in Kotlin.
- Experience with RxJava.
- Experience with dependency injection, especially Dagger 2.
- Experience writing UI tests using Espresso.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Contribution to an open source project (be it code, documentation, advocacy, etc.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-key individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.