JW Player is looking for a talented Full-stack Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in our New York City headquarters.
As a member of the Portal Engineering Team, you will help manage our internal and user-facing dashboards, our eCommerce and direct-sold payments systems, as well as our internal user account management APIs and data stores.
The ideal candidate is a systems-minded person who can create simple solutions to complex problems while flourishing in in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
In this role you will:
- Work in an agile development environment
- Build and maintain the Portal architecture; from our Angular front end through to our RESTful Python APIs
- Develop new commercial features from our Product Backlog
- Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to challenges and be responsible for implementing them
- Monitor and maintain the products and systems that many of the largest publishers in the world depend on every day
- 2+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Strong relational database skills (MySQL and PostgreSQL a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Self-starting disposition and a penchant for getting things done
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with containers (we use Docker)
- Familiarity with or experience building eCommerce platforms
- Experience with continuous delivery, test automation
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.