Intent Media isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at Intent Media is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of deep collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
Do you excel at quantitative problem solving, and know your way around Excel, SQL, and Tableau?
Based in our London office, our new Data Analyst will play an important part in our expansion and growth across Europe.
- University degree in a numerical field (mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, finance, etc)
- Grade A or A* in A-Level Mathematics (or similar)
- 1-3 years work experience in an Excel-heavy or database-heavy role
- Experience with marketing data, web analytics, or performance marketing (e.g. PPC, FB marketing) preferred, but not essential
- Must be an expert in Excel at manipulating large data tables, Excel formulas, and at ease driving out insights from raw data
- Intermediate user with SQL to extract data from databases (HP Vertica, RedShift, MySQL, etc)
- Beginner or intermediate user with Tableau Desktop, PowerBI, Looker, or similar data visualisation and reporting tools
- Strong problem-solving skills — our advertisers look to us to troubleshoot complex & technical problems and to recommend creative & efficient solutions
- Exceptional writing and communications skills. Fluent in English
- Right to work in the UK - we are unable to sponsor work visas
What You Will Do:
Drive campaign success & growth for our advertisers that we work with (80%)
- Grow and retain strategic advertisers via bid optimisation, campaign data analysis, and communication of performance trends
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) bid optimisation of our advertisers’ performance marketing campaigns
- Analyse campaign data to come up with insights and recommendations to drive campaign success, using Excel, SQL, Python, or advanced statistical packages (R, Stata, etc)
- Troubleshoot technical issues and liaise between our advertisers and our product team
Help drive business performance improvements within Intent Media (20%)
- Own the delivery of regular reports & monitoring of the health metrics of our auctions through Tableau
- Work with our sales, business development, and publisher partners by providing auction insights and auction information
- Mine our large databases on our auctions and ads to come up with insights and recommendations for our product roadmap and operation improvements
Intent Media is the data science company for the world’s leading travel sites. Sophisticated machine learning capabilities — trained and fine-tuned for years — enable us to serve ads and conversion-boosting user experiences based on a unique understanding of where a given user is in the shopping journey.
We operate in more than 40 countries with hundreds of airline, hotel, car rental, online travel agency and meta-search partners around the globe, including 9 of the top 10 OTAs and meta-search sites in North America. We’re over 100 people strong, with offices in NYC (HQ), London and Munich.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued. Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously. We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits; a beautiful office with drinks and snacks; stock options; $2,000 USD annual learning budget; and company-wide social events.
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks! You can learn more about us at: