We are a looking for a Senior Software Engineer to assist in developing our web platform. In this role, expect to be involved in building new core features and improving developer experience / workflows. The right candidate has experience working with applications in a high traffic ecosystem and can identify issues before they become major problems through monitoring and analytics. You also understand application level design patterns and can break down complex tasks in clear and concise ways. You should have a strict attention to detail and be comfortable learning and applying the newest concepts within our industry. Jump into our tech stack (node / react / redux / flow / es2015 / webpack / docker) and make a difference. We thrive in the bleeding edge of our industry and are always looking to push ourselves and our platform further. Also, if you feel that mobile web is an area of untapped potential, this is the role for you!
- Developing and deploying new features and enhancements on iheart.com
- Proposing and advocating for clean, functional design systems
- Writing clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Producing responsive and cross browser/platform features
- Building reusable components and scalable architecture
- Introducing and understand development best practices, usability, and semantics
- Building tools to help diagnose problems
- Using metrics to improve application load and performance
- Mentoring junior developers
- 4+ years of experience developing data-driven web applications
- Experience with application frameworks / libraries (React / Angular / Ember / Backbone etc), React a plus
- Some experience with front-end performance optimization techniques
- Knowledge of HTML semantics, web api's, the DOM API, CSS fundamentals and the basics of HTTP, knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, new APIs and HTTP2
- Knowledge of CI / CD processes
- Experience in monitoring Client applications
- Desire to continuously learn new languages, platforms and skills
- Experience with leading teams
Here at iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, we strive to connect fans with their favorite music and radio. We do so by developing a product that distributes the best live radio stations from across the country, offers Artist Radio (algorithmic station based on a seed artist/song the user selects), Podcasts as well as two on demand tiers of functionality: iHeartradio Plus and iHeartRadio All Access. We’re excited to have reached 110 Million registered users and we look forward to continuing to expand our reach internationally -- we’ve already arrived in New Zealand, Australia and Canada!
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.