Reach the people who matter most and exceed goals with the leading peer-to-peer texting platform. With Hustle, you can expand the scope and effectiveness of your outreach and connect with a younger demographic in the way that they prefer to communicate: through text. Texting with Hustle is 77x faster than phone banking and results in 40x more engagement than email. Organizations like Planned Parenthood, New York University, SEIU, and the Bernie Sanders campaign have all used Hustle to facilitate authentic, peer-to-peer conversations with their most important contacts. Whether it’s to mobilize volunteers, increase event attendance, or raise money, Hustle’s platform provides a range of possible workflows to help anyone in your organization exceed goals and build more meaningful relationships.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY:
- Build web, backend, and data processing SaaS components that make our diverse and growing range of customers ever more effective
- Code in a modern, effective, technical environment that supports high productivity
- Lead within Engineering through coding excellence, knowledge sharing talks, code reviews, and other venues
- Help guide and realize the continuing evolution and health of Hustle’s technical architecture, stack, and codebase
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, researchers, designers, support reps, account reps, and directly with customers to inform engineering decisions with a deep understanding of customer needs
- Work with a diverse, open, and engaged team to both give and receive mentoring and support
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- A demonstrable, thorough foundation in CS fundamentals - a bachelor’s degree in CS checks this box, or equivalent learning
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional team - 3 years of experience as a software engineer would be an easy way to check this box, but not the only way
- A commitment to making the world, and the codebase, better than you found it
- A love of learning from, building for, and delighting customers
- Enthusiasm for Hustle’s mission to strengthen organizations by scaling genuine, human relationships
HUSTLE's Benefits / Perks
- Working with a mission-driven team that celebrates the diversity of its members
- Top of market equity included in your compensation package
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Yearly “Gift of Hustle” benefit to share a free Hustle service subscription with the organization of your choice
Hustle is an excellent team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, political beliefs, and hobbies. We sincerely encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Hustle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to laws applicable in New York and Washington D.C. and the fair chance ordinance of San Francisco.