Software Engineer (R&D)
Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way.
We work in location based cross functional development teams, that move around the product to solve the most important problems for our users; be it our video processing tools, reporting platform or GraphQL API’s.
This role is working with one of our R&D squads, that are looking into new tech so Hudl can stay ahead of the competition. Currently this team is working on better ways to capture player data, with a pilot going on in the English Championship. You will be working with a team of data scientists and develop an internal tool using mainly front end languages. The goal is to take this mainly manual task into a purely automated process.
- Have many years experience of hands-on, full stack engineering
- Can build highly robust and scalable systems
- Understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others in our Engineering Team learn and develop.
- Translate real-world problems into elegant code solutions.
- Understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and getting work done.
- Are excited to have your work used by real people to solve real problems.
- Have a passion for code. You take pride in your Stack Overflow reputation, side projects, or open source contributions.
- Believe culture matters more than anything else.
- Are a team of engineers, designers, marketers, and former athletes who love sports and tech.
- Have a profitable, kick-ass product that is changing coaches’ and athletes’ lives globally.
- Are fans of rapid iteration.
- Are as passionate about winning as the coaches we serve.
- Treat you like an adult. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use time off when you want and how you want.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
- Feed you. The London Office has a fully stocked kitchen with plenty of snacks, drinks and free lunch every Wednesday.
Posted by Hudl