Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $5 billion raised in donations and more than 50 million donors, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Software Engineer to join our small team of very talented engineers. We have a lot of really great features in the pipeline and we need some help getting it all done! This role will make a huge impact working in all aspects of application development, including our backend.
Desired Skills and Experience...
- Excellent foundation in computer science concepts with strong engineering skills and web application architecture knowledge
- Experience working with services in PHP or Python, MySQL databases, analytics service, version control and deploying with cloud hosting services
- Have worked in all stages of production cycle from prototypes to live production
- Build scalable, low latency, always-on platforms
- Have worked on a consumer facing website
- Can optimize code & pages through various caching systems
- A great attitude and an insatiable desire to deliver excellent work
Working at GoFundMe...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change millions of lives everyday
- We're a small and growing team of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
- GoFundMe employees have the chance to choose campaigns that GoFundMe gives back to every month
- We're happy to pay competitively for exceptional people, offer full benefits, issue bonuses, and stock options